- 4 slices sourdough bread, cut into cubes
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for shaving
- 1 (12-ounce) package romaine hearts (3 hearts)
- Heat oven to 350°F Toss the bread cubes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Spread the cubes on a baking sheet and bake 10 minutes, or until golden. Set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining olive oil, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and Parmesan until well blended.
- Remove any wilted outer leaves from romaine hearts and slice in half lengthwise. Place the romaine halves on plates with croutons and drizzle with the dressing. Top with Parmesan shavings and season with freshly ground pepper.