Makes 6 1/2-cup gifts| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- kosher salt
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the sugar and cook, stirring frequently, until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in the vanilla extract and ½ teaspoon salt; let cool. Refrigerate for up to 1 month.
- Per ServingServing Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories 206
- Fat 15g
- Sat Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 47mg
- Sodium 65mg
- Protein 0g
- Carbohydrate 19g
- Sugar 18g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 0mg
- Calcium 31mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .