- 1/2cup pecans
- 1/2cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 bananas, peeled and sliced on the diagonal
- 1/4cup dark rum
- 2pints vanilla ice cream
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- Spread the pecans on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing occasionally, until fragrant, 5 to 6 minutes; roughly chop.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sugar and cinnamon and cook, whisking occasionally, until smooth, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Gently stir in the bananas. Remove from heat and add the rum. Using a match, carefully ignite the mixture and wait until the flame goes out. Stir in the pecans.
- Serve the bananas and sauce over the ice cream.