Butternut Squash With Couscous and Chutney
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced into 1/2-inch half-rounds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 2- to 2 1/2-pound butternut squash—peeled, seeded, and diced (4 to 5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- kosher salt
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups instant couscous
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup prepared chutney
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the squash, curry powder, and 1 ½ teaspoons salt, stirring to coat evenly. Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the squash is cooked through and most of the liquid has evaporated, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat until the sauce has thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 cups of water and ½ teaspoon salt to a boil. Place the couscous in a large bowl and pour the boiling water over it. Cover and let stand 5 to 7 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- When ready to serve, fluff the couscous with a fork. Place ¾ cup on each plate. Top with the squash. Garnish with the peanuts and chutney.
- Per Serving
- Calories 510Calories From Fat 32%
- Calcium 129mg
- Carbohydrate 77g
- Cholesterol 27mg
- Fat 18g
- Fiber 8g
- Iron 3mg
- Protein 14mg
- Sat Fat 6g
- Sodium 528mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .