- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound total), cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 1 butternut squash (about 1½ pounds), cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 15.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup couscous
- fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and ¼ teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the squash, tomatoes, chickpeas, ginger, coriander, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the squash is tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to the package directions.
- Serve the couscous topped with the stew and cilantro leaves.