Chopped Winter Salad With Butternut Squash, Apple, and Feta
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 small butternut squash (about 1 1/2 pounds)—peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 small head radicchio, leaves torn (6 cups)
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 4 ounces Feta, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1 tart apple (such as Granny Smith or Pink Lady), sliced
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- Heat oven to 450° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the squash with 1 tablespoon of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Roast, tossing once, until tender, 25 to 30 minutes; let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, dill, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the squash, radicchio, chickpeas, Feta, apple, and olives and toss to combine.
- Per Serving
- Calories 332
- Fat 19g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 25mg
- Sodium 934mg
- Protein 9g
- Carbohydrate 34g
- Sugar 11g
- Fiber 8g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 229mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
To make this meal even heartier, toss in 2 cups cooked bulgur along with the vegetables.