- 2 pound bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Canola oil
- Combine chicken pieces, buttermilk, hot sauce, salt, and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Drain; season with salt.
- Dredge in flour, shaking off the excess.
- Fry in batches, turning occasionally, in 1 inch of canola oil over medium heat (360° F on a deep-fry thermometer), until cooked through, 10 to 15 min.
* Total Time includes marinating