Buttered Nuts With Rosemary and Orange
Serves 10 (makes 2 1/2 cups)| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups lightly salted roasted mixed nuts (an 11.5-ounce can)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced orange zest (from 1⁄4 of an orange)
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the nuts, sugar, rosemary, and zest and cook, tossing, until the sugar is melted and the mixture is fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Let cool on a baking sheet.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories 216
- Fat 18g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 3mg
- Sodium 64mg
- Protein 7g
- Carbohydrate 8g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 48mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
This recipe is also delicious made with a single variety of nut. Try cashews, almonds, or pecans.