Buttered Leeks and Radishes
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 scallions or spring onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 pound radishes, quartered
- 3 leeks, white and light green parts only, cleaned and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the scallions and cook until golden, about 3 minutes. Add the radishes and cook another minute. Remove the scallions and radishes from the pan and set aside.
- Add the leeks, chicken broth, salt, and lemon juice and cook, stirring occasionally, until the leeks are softened, about 5
minutes. Add the parsley, scallions, and radishes and toss well.
- Per Serving
- Calories 107
- Calcium 60mg
- Carbohydrate 12g
- Cholesterol 8mg
- Fat 7g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 2mg
- Protein 2mg
- Sat Fat 2g
- Sodium 220mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The long, slender icicle radish is typically available in spring and early summer. If you prefer the more common red radish, which is round, slice it in half vertically.