Butter, Sugar, and Strawberry Sandwiches
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 slices firm but fresh sandwich, brioche, or baguette
- Slice the strawberries crosswise. Place them in a medium bowl and sprinkle with 1/3 cup of the sugar. Butter the bread slices, then slice them in half and sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Place the bread on serving plates and spoon the berries on top.
- Per Serving
- Calories 277.97Calories From Fat 39%
- Calcium 52.86mg
- Carbohydrate 40.94g
- Cholesterol 30.1mg
- Fat 12.39g
- Fiber 2.04g
- Iron 1.24mg
- Protein 2.51mg
- Sat Fat 7.38g
- Sodium 172.51mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
For a nice crunch and a professional look, substitute coarse demerara or turbinado sugar (available at specialty stores and some supermarkets) for granulated.