- 1 large fennel bulb, halved, cored, and very thinly sliced
- 3 heads butter or Boston lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves, torn into pieces
- 4 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- shaved Pecorino Romano (optional)
- Place the fennel, lettuce, tarragon, and scallions in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Whisking constantly, slowly add the oil.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss. Top with the Pecorino (if using).