- 4 thick slices whole-grain bread, cut into thirds
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 8-ounce container ricotta
- Heat broiler to low with the rack 6 inches from the flame.
- Brush the bread with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Toast under broiler until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside. Increase broiler to high.
- Toss the tomatoes with the remaining oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Broil on a rimmed baking sheet until charred and the juices are released, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, divide the ricotta between the toasts. Top with the warm tomatoes and their juices. Season with freshly ground pepper and serve warm or at room temperature.