Burgers With Pineapple-Jalapeño Salsa
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup chopped fresh or canned pineapple (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds ground chuck (85 percent lean or less)
- 4 hamburger buns
- Heat grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, jalapeño, lime juice, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Form the beef into four ½-inch-thick patties and season with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Grill the patties (do not press or flatten), 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Place the burgers on the buns and top with the pineapple salsa.
- Per Serving
- Calories 380Calories From Fat 152
- Fat 17g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 84mg
- Sodium 664mg
- Protein 31g
- Carbohydrate 26g
- Sugar 7g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 87mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make it a meal: Serve with rice salad. Cook ¾ cup long-grain white rice according to the package directions. Fluff with a fork and fold in 1 cup rinsed black beans, chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper.