- 1 cup chopped fresh or canned pineapple (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds ground chuck (85 percent lean or less)
- 4 hamburger buns
- Heat grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, jalapeño, lime juice, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Form the beef into four ½-inch-thick patties and season with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Grill the patties (do not press or flatten), 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Place the burgers on the buns and top with the pineapple salsa.