Burgers With Feta-Yogurt Sauce, Tomato, and Mint
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1/4 pounds ground chuck (85 percent lean or less)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 8 slices country bread
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces crumbled Feta
- 1 large tomato, sliced into four 1/3-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- Heat grill to medium-high. Form the beef into four ¾-inch-thick patties. Use your fingers to make a shallow well in the top of each patty. (This will prevent overplumping during cooking.) Season with a total of ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Oil the grill and cook the patties with the wells facing up for 4 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 155° F for medium, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, brush the bread with the oil and grill until toasted, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt with the Feta. Form sandwiches with the bread, burgers, Feta-yogurt sauce, tomato, and mint.
- Per Serving
- Calories 635Calories From Fat 282
- Fat 32g
- Sat Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 114mg
- Sodium 1,037mg
- Protein 40g
- Carbohydrate 45g
- Sugar 9g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 6mg
- Calcium 282mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .