Burgers With Chipotle Mayo and Grilled Onion
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1/4 pounds ground chuck (85 percent lean or less)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- canola oil, for the grill
- 1 medium red onion, cut into four 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped chipotles in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 8 thick slices white bread
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat grill to medium-high. Form the beef into four ¾-inch-thick patties. Use your fingers to make a shallow well in the top of each patty. (This will prevent overplumping during cooking.) Season with a total of ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Oil the grill and cook the patties with the wells facing up for 4 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 155° F for medium, 4 to 5 minutes more. Grill the red onion until tender, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chipotles, and lime juice. Dividing evenly, spread the bread with the mayonnaise mixture. Form sandwiches with the bread, burgers, onions, and cilantro.
- Per Serving
- Calories 629Calories From Fat 362
- Fat 40g
- Sat Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 97mg
- Sodium 965mg
- Protein 30g
- Carbohydrate 34g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 117mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .