Burgers With Celery, Olives, and Blue Cheese
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1/4 pounds ground chuck (85 percent lean or less)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 2 small celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 sandwich-size English muffins, split
- 1/2 cup chunky blue cheese dressing
- Heat grill to medium-high. Form the beef into four ¾-inch-thick patties. Use your fingers to make a shallow well in the top of each patty. (This will prevent overplumping during cooking.) Season with a total of ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Oil the grill and cook the patties with the wells facing up for 4 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 155° F for medium, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, grill the English muffins until toasted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, toss the celery, olives, and onion with the oil and lemon juice. Dividing evenly, spread the English muffins with the blue cheese dressing. Form sandwiches with the English muffins, burgers, and celery mixture.
- Per Serving
- Calories 602Calories From Fat 354
- Fat 39g
- Sat Fat 10g
- Cholesterol 92mg
- Sodium 1,172mg
- Protein 31g
- Carbohydrate 31g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 150mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Want to give these burgers a health boost? Make them with ground turkey instead of beef, and use whole-grain English muffins. Cook the burgers until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 160° F, 6 to 8 minutes per side.