Bulgur Wheat Salad With Tomato and Eggplant
Serves 4| Hands-On Time:
- Heat broiler.
- Cook the bulgur according to the package directions.
- Arrange the eggplant slices on 2 baking sheets. Brush both sides with a total of 3 tablespoons of the oil. Broil the eggplant, 1 sheet pan at a time, until brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the tomatoes, vinegar, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Fold in the basil.
- Transfer the bulgur to a large bowl and top with the eggplant and tomato mixture before serving.
- Per Serving
- Calories 319Calories From Fat 49%
- Protein 7g
- Carbohydrate 38g
- Sugar 6g
- Fiber 12g
- Fat 18g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Sodium 255mg
- Cholesterol 0mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
If pressed for time, use packages of presliced vegetables found at most supermarkets.