- 1cup bulgur wheat
- 1 eggplant, thinly sliced
- 5tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1pound cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1tablespoon red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1cup basil leaves, torn
- Heat broiler.
- Cook the bulgur according to the package directions.
- Arrange the eggplant slices on 2 baking sheets. Brush both sides with a total of 3 tablespoons of the oil. Broil the eggplant, 1 sheet pan at a time, until brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the tomatoes, vinegar, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Fold in the basil.
- Transfer the bulgur to a large bowl and top with the eggplant and tomato mixture before serving.