- 12ounces bucatini or spaghetti
- 1tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1pound Italian-style turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1pound zucchini and/or summer squash (about 4 small), thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces), plus more for serving
- 1/4cup fresh oregano leaves
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Add the zucchini and/or squash, onion, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until the vegetables are golden and very tender, 15 to 18 minutes (reduce heat if the pan begins to darken).
- Toss the pasta with the sausage, vegetables, Parmesan, oregano, and ¼ cup of the reserved cooking water (add more cooking water if the pasta seems dry). Serve with additional Parmesan.