- 3/4 pound bucatini or another long pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Crush the tomatoes with your hands and add them and their juices to the pot; season with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 14 to 16 minutes.
- Add the marinara to the pasta and toss to coat. Dollop with the ricotta and sprinkle with the basil. Top with additional black pepper.