Brussels Sprouts With Brown Butter and Sage
Serves 8-10| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts (40 to 50 sprouts), trimmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped sage leaves (6 to 8 leaves)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, add the sprouts to boiling salted water and cook until bright green and just tender, 6 to 8 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet, over medium heat, melt the butter and cook until nutty brown in color, being careful not to burn it. Add the sage, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the sprouts, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat in the butter and cook until heated through, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Per Serving
- Calories 88Calories From Fat 47%
- Calcium 55mg
- Carbohydrate 10g
- Cholesterol 11mg
- Fat 5g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 2mg
- Protein 4mg
- Sat Fat 3g
- Sodium 169mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .