Brown Sugar-Glazed Salmon With Green Beans and Shallots
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 6-ounce pieces skinless salmon fillet
- lemon wedges, for serving
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the green beans, shallots, garlic, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until the beans are crisp-tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Add ½ cup water, cover, and cook until the beans are tender and the water has evaporated, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Heat broiler. In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, vinegar, the remaining teaspoon of oil, and ½ teaspoon salt (the mixture will be very thick).
- Place the salmon on a foil-lined broilerproof large rimmed baking sheet and broil for 5 minutes. Spoon the brown sugar mixture over the salmon, return to oven, and broil, basting twice with the liquid in the pan, until the salmon is opaque throughout, 2 to 4 minutes more.
- Reserve half the salmon, green beans, and rice for tomorrow’s dinner. Serve the remaining salmon, rice, and green beans with the lemon wedges.
- Reheat and serve: Reheat the salmon and green beans in a covered baking dish at 350° F for 10 to 12 minutes. Microwave the rice in a microwave-safe
bowl covered with a damp paper towel on high for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 579
- Fat 17g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 107mg
- Sodium 277mg
- Protein 44g
- Carbohydrate 61g
- Sugar 15g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 80mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .