Brown Sugar Cookies
Makes 42 cookies| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 350° F. With an electric mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, and ¼ cup of the granulated sugar on medium-high speed until creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the vanilla, salt, and ¼ teaspoon of the cinnamon and beat until combined. Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the flour, mixing just until combined (do not overmix).
- On a small plate, stir together the remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Shape the dough into balls (about 1 teaspoon each). A few at a time, roll the cookies in the cinnamon sugar to coat and place on baking sheets, spacing them 1 inch apart. Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until puffed and golden, 10 to 12 minutes. (Cookies will deflate somewhat.) Cool slightly in the pans, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Storage suggestion: Keep the cookies at room temperature, between sheets of wax paper in an airtight container, for up to 5 days.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1 cookie
- Calories 62
- Fat 3g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 9mg
- Sodium 24mg
- Protein 1g
- Carbohydrate 7.5g
- Sugar 3.5g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 0mg
- Calcium 4mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .