- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups brown rice
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rice, broth, and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 50 to 55 minutes.
- Remove the pilaf from the heat and let sit 5 minutes; fluff with a fork. Fold in the dill and serve warm.