- 8ounces brown rice spaghetti
- 1pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/4cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, adding the asparagus for the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain and return both to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and scramble until set, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the eggs to the pasta along with the chickpeas, Parmesan, parsley, oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and toss to combine.