Molasses Chicken Breasts With Swiss Chard
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dry jerk seasoning (found in the spice aisle)
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 baguette, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 large bunch Swiss chard (stems trimmed), roughly chopped
- Heat broiler. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels, pound to an even thickness, and place on a broiler pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, molasses, 1 tablespoon of the oil, the jerk seasoning, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 3 tablespoons water.
- Brush the chicken with the glaze. Broil, brushing occasionally, for 4 to 6 minutes. Turn, brush, and broil for 4 to 6 minutes more, until cooked through.
- Brush the bread with 1 tablespoon of the oil and sprinkle with the garlic. Broil until crisp, 1 ½ minutes. Slice the bread crosswise.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes. Add the chard, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until wilted and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Divide the chicken, chard, and bread among individual plates.
- Per Serving
- Calories 491Calories From Fat 29%
- Fat 16g
- Cholesterol 99mg
- Sodium 1153mg
- Carbohydrate 42g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 44g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .