- 1/2cup hazelnuts
- 2bunches broccoli (about 3 pounds), cut into long florets
- 1/2cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 375° F. Spread the hazelnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing occasionally, until fragrant, 5 to 6 minutes; roughly chop.
- Meanwhile, fill a large saucepan with 1 inch of water and fit with a steamer basket (or fill a large pot with 1/2 inch of water). Bring to a simmer. Place the broccoli in the steamer basket, cover, and steam until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a platter.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan, cook the oil and garlic over low heat until the garlic is just golden, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in the hazelnuts, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Drizzle over the broccoli.