Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, cut off the broccoli stalk, peel it, and thinly slice it crosswise. Cut the remaining broccoli into small florets.
- Heat half the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the broccoli, garlic, and ¼ teaspoon salt and cook until garlic is lightly browned and broccoli is fork-tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta, reserved pasta water, chicken, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and a few grinds of pepper. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Add the crushed red pepper and toss well. Drizzle with the remaining oil before serving.
- Per Serving
- Calories 676
- Calcium 59mg
- Carbohydrate 88g
- Cholesterol 53mg
- Fat 20g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 6mg
- Protein 34mg
- Sat Fat 3g
- Sodium 364mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Choose broccoli heads that have firm stalks and tight, dark green clusters of buds.