- 1 pound broccoli rabe, trimmed
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli rabe and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, broil both lemon halves until lightly charred, about 5 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook about 2 minutes. Squeeze 1 lemon half into the skillet. Add the broccoli rabe, olives, salt, and pepper and heat through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve, using the other lemon half, cut into wedges, for garnish.