Broccoli, Orange, and Olive Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets (6 cups)
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 orange, segmented, plus 1 tablespoon finely grated zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Fill a large saucepan with 1 inch of water and fit with a steamer basket. Bring the water to a boil. Place the broccoli in the basket, cover, and steam until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Rinse with cold water to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with the olives, orange segments and zest, oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Per Serving
- Calories 127
- Fat 9g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 384mg
- Protein 4g
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 70mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Sweet and tender, broccoli stalks are too tasty to waste. Peel and slice them, then use them in the recipe along with the florets.