- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets (6 cups)
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 orange, segmented, plus 1 tablespoon finely grated zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Fill a large saucepan with 1 inch of water and fit with a steamer basket. Bring the water to a boil. Place the broccoli in the basket, cover, and steam until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Rinse with cold water to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with the olives, orange segments and zest, oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.