- 2tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2cups whole milk
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped (6 cups)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1cup grated fontina
- 1cup French-fried onions
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk the butter and flour until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in the milk until combined.
- Add the broccoli and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Increase the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the broccoli is tender, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in the fontina and transfer to a 2-quart baking dish. Top with the onions and bake until browned, 5 to 7 minutes.