Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Place the salt in a large pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the fettuccine and cook according to the package directions for al dente. During the last 3 minutes, add the broccoli. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water. Set aside.
- Place the butter in the pot, reduce heat to medium-low, and stir until melted.
- Add ½ cup of the reserved pasta water. Stir in ⅓ cup of the Parmesan. Add the fettuccine and broccoli and the cayenne and nutmeg, if using. Toss.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with ⅓ cup more of the Parmesan and the pepper. Toss again, adding more pasta water if the pasta is too sticky.
- Serve in bowls and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan.
- Per Serving
- Calories 415Calories From Fat 39%
- Calcium 273mg
- Carbohydrate 47g
- Cholesterol 48mg
- Fat 18g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 3mg
- Protein 18mg
- Sat Fat 11g
- Sodium 330mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .