- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- ½ cup champagne vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 8 large red lettuce leaves (or another soft variety such as butter lettuce)
- 8 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sriracha, optional
- 2 cups shredded braised brisket, reheated
- 32 sprigs of cilantro
- Place the cabbage in a small bowl. Heat the vinegar in a small pan until steaming, then pour it over the cabbage. Add the salt and sugar and stir so the cabbage is submerged. Let the cabbage pickle for 5 minutes, then drain it.
- Divide the leaves among four plates, then top them with the mayonnaise, sriracha (if desired), brisket, pickled cabbage, and cilantro. To serve, fold the sides of the lettuce leaves over the filling and secure them with toothpicks.