Brie and Chive Biscuits
Serves 16| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled, plus more for the work surface
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 6 ounces Brie, cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces (including the rind)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Heat oven to 375° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the butter and, using a pastry blender or your fingers, cut in until crumbly. Add the Brie and chives and toss to combine. Add the buttermilk and stir just until moistened (do not overmix).
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface. Knead it a few times to bring it together. Gently shape into a 1-inch-thick disk. Using a 2-inch round cookie cutter (or a small glass), cut out 16 biscuits (flouring the cutter and reshaping the scraps as necessary). Place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1 biscuit
- Calories 136
- Fat 8g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 22mg
- Sodium 258mg
- Protein 4g
- Carbohydrate 13g
- Sugar 1g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 49mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .