- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces breakfast sausage, casings removed if necessary
- 1 pound frozen hash browns
- 1 13-ounce bag restaurant-style tortilla chips
- 8 ounces sharp yellow cheddar, grated
- 8 ounces Monterey jack, grated
- 6 large eggs (or 1 per person)
- Pickled jalapenos, avocado, cilantro, and pico de gallo for serving
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium high. Add sausage and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until cooked through and crispy in spots, 6–8 minutes. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add hash browns and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until browned and crispy, 6 to 8 minutes; remove from heat.
- Arrange half of the chips on the prepared baking sheet. Top with half of the cheese, hash browns, and breakfast sausage. Top with remaining chips, cheese, hash browns and sausage. Transfer to oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wipe out skillet and heat remaining tablespoon oil over medium-high. Crack eggs into skillet and cook until whites are set, edges are crispy, and yolks are still runny, about 2 minutes. Top nachos with eggs, pickled jalapeños, avocado, cilantro, and pico de gallo. Olé!