- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 small breakfast sausages
- 2 cup cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons scallions
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large cast iron pan or heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Squeeze the sausages from their casings and add to the pan. Cook the sausage, using a spoon to break it into small pieces, until it is cooked through and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the rice to the pan and stir well, making sure that any clumps break apart.
- Stir together soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and sriracha in a small bowl. Increase the heat to medium-high and stir sauce mixture into the rice; cook, stirring continuously, until it has colored the rice and is well incorporated, about 3 minutes.
- Crack one egg into a small bowl and whisk. Stir the egg into the rice and cook another 1 to 2 minutes until set. Add 2 tablespoons of the scallions to the pan and stir to combine.
- In a separate skillet, fry the remaining 2 eggs until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny, 3 minutes. Divide the rice between 2 large bowls and top each one with a fried egg. Garnish each with the remaining scallions, and season with 1/8 teaspoons salt and pepper.