- 2 bunches radishes (about 1 pound), preferably icicle, tops trimmed to 1 inch above roots
- 3tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the radishes in a large skillet and add just enough cold water to cover, about 2 1/2 cups. Add the butter, sugar, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the radishes are tender when pricked with a paring knife and the liquid has reduced to a glaze, about 12 minutes.
- If the radishes are tender but the liquid hasn't reduced sufficiently, use a slotted spoon to transfer them to a serving dish and continue reducing the liquid. Spoon it over the radishes and serve with buttered crusty bread.