Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 bunches radishes (about 1 pound), preferably icicle, tops trimmed to 1 inch above roots
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the radishes in a large skillet and add just enough cold water to cover, about 2 1/2 cups. Add the butter, sugar, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the radishes are tender when pricked with a paring knife and the liquid has reduced to a glaze, about 12 minutes.
- If the radishes are tender but the liquid hasn't reduced sufficiently, use a slotted spoon to transfer them to a serving dish and continue reducing the liquid. Spoon it over the radishes and serve with buttered crusty bread.
- Per Serving
- Calories 77.43Calories From Fat 66%
- Calcium 19.11mg
- Carbohydrate 6.54g
- Cholesterol 15.05mg
- Fat 5.75g
- Fiber 1.06g
- Iron 0.26mg
- Protein 0.53mg
- Sat Fat 3.62g
- Sodium 120.68mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .