Braised Chicken and Spring Vegetables
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook until browned, 6 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Spoon off and discard the fat. Return the pot to medium-high heat. Add the broth and scrape up any brown bits.
- Stir in the radishes, carrots, and sugar.
- Place the chicken on top of the vegetables and gently simmer, partly covered, until it is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the chives.
- Per Serving
- Calories 237
- Fat 13g
- Sat Fat 3.5g
- Cholesterol 100mg
- Sodium 426mg
- Protein 29g
- Carbohydrate 9g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 47mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .