- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 8 small bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 1⁄2 pounds)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 12 medium radishes, halved
- 3/4pound carrots (about 4), cut into sticks
- 1teaspoon sugar
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook until browned, 6 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Spoon off and discard the fat. Return the pot to medium-high heat. Add the broth and scrape up any brown bits.
- Stir in the radishes, carrots, and sugar.
- Place the chicken on top of the vegetables and gently simmer, partly covered, until it is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the chives.