Bourbon and Orange Pecan Pie
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Basic Flaky Piecrust
- or 1 store-bought piecrust, fitted into a 9-inch pie plate
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick), melted
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons bourbon (or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Set an oven rack in the lowest position and heat oven to 350º F. Place the pie plate on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the corn syrup, sugar, butter, eggs, bourbon, orange zest, and salt. Stir in the pecans.
- Pour the pecan mixture into the crust and bake until the center is set, 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before serving.