Bourbon and Orange Pecan Pie
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Basic Flaky Piecrust
- or 1 store-bought piecrust, fitted into a 9-inch pie plate
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick), melted
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons bourbon (or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Set an oven rack in the lowest position and heat oven to 350º F. Place the pie plate on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the corn syrup, sugar, butter, eggs, bourbon, orange zest, and salt. Stir in the pecans.
- Pour the pecan mixture into the crust and bake until the center is set, 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before serving.
The pie can be prepared and stored at room temperature, loosely covered with foil, for up to 1 day.