Boozy Clementines With Pound Cake
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 8 clementines
- 1 1/2 cups brandy
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 store-bought pound cake
- Cut away the peel and white pith from the clementines.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the brandy, honey, and 1½ cups water to a boil. Add the clementines, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Transfer the clementines and syrup to a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days.
- Cut the pound cake into thick slices and serve with the clementines and syrup.
- Per Serving
- Calories 422
- Fat 11g
- Sat Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 125mg
- Sodium 228mg
- Protein 4g
- Carbohydrate 63g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 55g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
To measure sticky ingredients, like honey and maple syrup, run a measuring cup or spoon under very hot water; don't let it dry. Immediately measure out the sticky ingredient. The warmth of the cup or spoon will keep it from adhering.