- 16ounces rigatoni or penne
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 7-ounce package arugula leaves
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3/4teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon over medium heat in a large skillet until crisp.
- Transfer the bacon to a paper towel–lined plate. Spoon all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings into a small bowl; set aside.
- Add the arugula to the skillet and stir until it wilts, 30 to 60 seconds. Transfer to the pasta bowl.
- Add the tomatoes and ½ tablespoon of the reserved drippings to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer the tomatoes to the pasta bowl and toss.
- If the pasta seems dry, add up to 1 ½ tablespoons more of the drippings. Crumble the bacon over the top, season with the salt and pepper, and toss.