Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon over medium heat in a large skillet until crisp.
- Transfer the bacon to a paper towel–lined plate. Spoon all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings into a small bowl; set aside.
- Add the arugula to the skillet and stir until it wilts, 30 to 60 seconds. Transfer to the pasta bowl.
- Add the tomatoes and ½ tablespoon of the reserved drippings to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer the tomatoes to the pasta bowl and toss.
- If the pasta seems dry, add up to 1 ½ tablespoons more of the drippings. Crumble the bacon over the top, season with the salt and pepper, and toss.
- Per Serving
- Calories 633Calories From Fat 37%
- Fat 26g
- Sat Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 61mg
- Sodium 1,543mg
- Carbohydrate 68g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 6g
- Sugar 30g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Arugula’s peppery flavor goes well with the sweet, acidic tomatoes and salty bacon. Prefer something milder? Try spinach.