Blackened Striped Bass With Corn Spoon Bread
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- unsalted butter, for the pan
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 10-ounce package frozen corn
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 6-ounce pieces striped bass
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning or blackening spice mix
- 4 cups mixed greens
- Heat oven to 375° F. Butter an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the cornmeal and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the corn, scallions, 1 ¼ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the eggs and spread the mixture in the prepared baking dish. Bake until set and golden brown around the edges, about 35 minutes.
- When the bread has 15 minutes left to bake, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle the bass with the Cajun seasoning and cook until opaque and beginning to flake, about 4 minutes per side.
- Divide the greens among individual plates and drizzle with the remaining oil. Serve with the bass and spoon bread.
- Per Serving
- Calories 740Calories From Fat 61%
- Fat 54g
- Sat Fat 29g
- Cholesterol 363mg
- Sodium 767mg
- Carbohydrate 27g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 19g
- Protein 42g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Blackening seasoning is a great shortcut for chicken, pork, and seafood. Opt for one with no added salt.