unsalted butter, for the pan
10-ounce package frozen corn
bunch scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
kosher salt and pepper
large eggs, beaten
6-ounce pieces striped bass
Cajun seasoning or blackening spice mix
- Heat oven to 375° F. Butter an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the cornmeal and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the corn, scallions, 1 ¼ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the eggs and spread the mixture in the prepared baking dish. Bake until set and golden brown around the edges, about 35 minutes.
- When the bread has 15 minutes left to bake, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle the bass with the Cajun seasoning and cook until opaque and beginning to flake, about 4 minutes per side.
- Divide the greens among individual plates and drizzle with the remaining oil. Serve with the bass and spoon bread.