Blackened Salmon With Broccoli Rabe
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Coat both sides of the salmon with the seasoning and cook, covered, until opaque throughout and blackened, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, bring the broccoli rabe and ½ cup water to a simmer.
- Cook the broccoli rabe, covered, tossing occasionally, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and transfer to a plate.
- Wipe out the second skillet and heat the oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and ¼ teaspoon salt and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the raisins and broccoli rabe. Serve with the salmon and lemon.
- Per Serving
- Calories 339Calories From Fat 38%
- Protein 37g
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Sugar 9g
- Fiber 3g
- Fat 14g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Calcium 147mg
- Iron 4mg
- Sodium 591mg
- Cholesterol 90mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The ingredients in Cajun seasoning and blackening spice mix can vary, but most contain salt and a combination of garlic, cayenne pepper, oregano, chili powder, onion, and paprika.